Urgent! Sick chicken not eating hardly moving

Cthornton18

Hatching
May 20, 2020
I just posted a few days ago about my three month old speckled Sussex. She is now rapidly declining and we have moved her inside. I had been giving her wet feed but now she doesn't eat or drink. All her droppings have been light green and mostly water. She sits in one space and hardly moves. I've been giving her water and Gatorade from a syringe and have gotten her to lick a bit of food from my finger. I also gave her some egg yolk from a syringe as I was told it would help. When I move her to feed her she talks a little and moves a little but she is hardly moving. We have Corid on the way but it won't get here until Wednesday. I need all the help I can get for her. The picture attached was from yesterday, now she is laying down all the time.

Attachments

• IMG_20200523_120352.jpg
    IMG_20200523_120352.jpg
    645.7 KB · Views: 17
I just posted a few days ago about my three month old speckled Sussex. She is now rapidly declining and we have moved her inside. I had been giving her wet feed but now she doesn't eat or drink. All her droppings have been light green and mostly water. She sits in one space and hardly moves. I've been giving her water and Gatorade from a syringe and have gotten her to lick a bit of food from my finger. I also gave her some egg yolk from a syringe as I was told it would help. When I move her to feed her she talks a little and moves a little but she is hardly moving. We have Corid on the way but it won't get here until Wednesday. I need all the help I can get for her. The picture attached was from yesterday, now she is laying down all the time.
Go up to tractor supply. Buy Corid Amprolium. Do 1 - 3 table spoons to a gallon. We can’t really tell what’s going on because you haven’t told us much. Has she been bullied? Have you seen her eating poop? I had a chicken with VERY similar symptoms (from what you’ve told me) and I’ve treated my flock with Amprolium Corid ever since and haven’t had issues. It’s the changing of the weather that always gets my chickens. If that doesn’t help or you don’t have a tractor supply or any store that carries Corid Amprolium, take her to the vet.

Back
Top Bottom