Urgent: Unable to Stand Up and a Bum Leg

hokankai

Songster
10 Years
May 18, 2010
SW WA
I purchased two mille fleur d'uccles in June from a breeder in the Northwest. A couple of weeks ago one of the birds all of a sudden developed a bum leg and can no longer use it. Her foot has no sensation but there is no necrosis. She gets around by hopping on her good leg and resting often.

Now, her sister is suddenly displaying symptoms similar in nature. I'm away for college, but I got a call that Sadie was walking like her knees didn't want to work correctly. She's walking with her chest almost on the ground, bent over. I'm worried that she will soon be unable to walk at all.

Any idea what it could be? As far as I know there are no other symptoms.

I'll post one of these too

1) What type of bird , age and weight. female d'uccles around 16 weeks
2) What is the behavior, exactly. one suddenly developed a bum leg that doesn't work, and recently her sister is acting like her knees can't hold her weight well
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? Daisy=about a month Sadie=very recently
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? No, just the d'uccle sisters
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. No
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. I have CRD in my flock, but NO other birds have displayed symptoms similar to these and the d'uccles have not displayed CRD symptoms
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. Developer feed and water with scratch as a treat
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. apparently there was one bloody poop on the poop board, but it came from another bird
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? nothing as of now
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? we have no chicken vet nearby
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use raised coop with pine shavings

Last edited:
Anybody? I don't know what to do
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom