URGENT URGENT ALMOST DEAD CHICKEN EYES CLOSED POOPY BUTT HELP

Glimmer Otnes

Chirping
6 Years
May 31, 2013
Our year old Silver Laced Wayandotte is almost dead, She's closing her eyes and won't open them unless forced. She has an extremly poopy butt so we think she might have worms. She hasn't really been so listless until a little while ago. My father and I were moving a new coop in polace of their old one and belle the chicken had to lay her daily egg. She got under some rubble from the old coop and made her own nest. It was very cramped and small and I was amazed she got out. So because of that we also think that she could have hurt herself comeing out of the rubble because it was so sudden. But we also think it could be scaly leg mites (just a maybe) her scales are just a bit raise and she has a black spot on her foot.
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE HELP!
She's in our bathroom right now and need urgent help please she's laying limp on the floor and drooling a bit. :( :( HELP!!!!

Our year old Silver Laced Wayandotte is almost dead, She's closing her eyes and won't open them unless forced. She has an extremly poopy butt so we think she might have worms. She hasn't really been so listless until a little while ago. My father and I were moving a new coop in polace of their old one and belle the chicken had to lay her daily egg. She got under some rubble from the old coop and made her own nest. It was very cramped and small and I was amazed she got out. So because of that we also think that she could have hurt herself comeing out of the rubble because it was so sudden. But we also think it could be scaly leg mites (just a maybe) her scales are just a bit raise and she has a black spot on her foot.
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE HELP!
She's in our bathroom right now and need urgent help please she's laying limp on the floor and drooling a bit. :( :( HELP!!!!
Has she had any water today? If not,she has to have water otherwise she will become dehydrated,start there. What is the temperature there? Any other symptoms besides her dirty bottom? Has she been eating? Do you feel she has injured herself coming out of rubble?

We have tried to give her some water but we sort of have to pour it onto her beak to drink it. The tempurtaure is very hot 90-100 degrees F. Her crop is also very empty. I think she might have injured herself. But now we also think she could have squished her crop somehow comeing out of the rubble .

We have tried to give her some water but we sort of have to pour it onto her beak to drink it. The tempurtaure is very hot 90-100 degrees F. Her crop is also very empty. I think she might have injured herself. But now we also think she could have squished her crop somehow comeing out of the rubble .
It could be heat stroke,is she panting or has she been panting,wings spread out? How long has she been like this?

Last edited:
if you have some nutridrench put some on her beak, and if you can get her to drink some electrolytes could help. did you chekc her for injuries if she was stuck under something?

Good luck!

Ok,if it is heat stroke you need to cool her down immediately,heat stroke can be life threatening.
How should I do this. I have a fan on and ice cubes surrounding the hen we have a bowl of water but she's totally neglecting all of it... What would you do?

How should I do this. I have a fan on and ice cubes surrounding the hen we have a bowl of water but she's totally neglecting all of it... What would you do?

Ok,if it is heat stroke you need to cool her down immediately,heat stroke can be life threatening.

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH SHE DID HAVE HEAT STROKE AND SHE IS SO MUCH BETTER NOW THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH SHE DID HAVE HEAT STROKE AND SHE IS SO MUCH BETTER NOW THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad she is doing better. Keep pails of COOL water NOT COLD in yard during extreme heat,in the event of heat stroke submerge chicken up to neck in water,this will immediately cool her body temp. down and save her life. Chickens do not have sweat glands,they rely on their respiratory system to cool down,that is why they pant,spread wings,etc. Keep frozen water bottles/milk jugs inside coop/nest boxes,chickens will lay beside them,hose down coop during day to cool everything off. Normal body temp is around 104-107 degrees Fahrenheit,if body temp. reaches around 113 degrees and up extremely dangerous,life threatening.

Back
Top Bottom