URGENT Very URGENT : Is he savable?

Your rooster is in my prayers too! Chickens are amazing, if he's still got spirit in him- I hope you'll consider giving him a chance or getting him into the hands of someone who will. I know it's expensive, but I am a disciple of vetricyn while you're treating a wound like that.
I might not have gotten the full picture, but I think it looks like a bite- like something snatched him up and he fought loose- now there's an abscess and infection. Where are you? If it's warm enough for the flies to be out, check him really really really really well for maggots!

I wish I hadn't read lucky's story! Now I feel bad! I know you were only trying to help! Maybe I will call the vet tomorrow and see if he would do a charity case and at least advise me as to whats going on. He a good ol' doc. Probably grew up on a farm and understands this kind of stuff.

Thanks!

Aww, now *I* feel bad! =) don't feel like you HAVE to do what that person did - your roo just reminded me of lucky - I think he even looks like the same type. She did a TON of work on him with splints and such and now she's just hatched out chicks from him so it's a great story. I don't think he had a nasty infected wound tho. Since you were deciding to treat him, thought you might get some ideas from that thread since he had a broken leg also and looked really bad when he was first brought in. But I don't think anyone would blame you for not going through all that. :)

Back
Top Bottom