URGENT!!! Waddle Slightly Bigger and Swollen

Penny_01

In the Brooder
Nov 5, 2023
Hello! I have 4 buff orpingtons and I noticed one waddle side is significantly bigger than the other one and it's turning purple and blue on the bottom. She's only 6 months old and this is the only one it's happening to. She's still laying pretty frequently and doesn't seem to be having any other side effects because of this. Anyone know why this is happening or what I can do to fix this?

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Hello! I have 4 buff orpingtons and I noticed one waddle side is significantly bigger than the other one and it's turning purple and blue on the bottom. She's only 6 months old and this is the only one it's happening to. She's still laying pretty frequently and doesn't seem to be having any other side effects because of this. Anyone know why this is happening or what I can do to fix this?

Thank you for reading.
Welcome To BYC @Penny_01 :frow

Can you please post photos of your pullet and affected wattle?
Where are you located in the world?
Do you have snakes or insects that could have bitten her?
How long has this been going on?

Can you post a photo of it? She may have been bitten by a bug and it is swelling. I’d keep an eye on it still.
IMG_9143.jpeg

I live in Maine and we don’t have many snakes out here. It’s been like this for about two days now. It looks more purple today than it did yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_9144.jpeg
    IMG_9144.jpeg
    360.4 KB · Views: 6
Could have been pinched by another hen or she got it hung in something.

I'd just monitor it for now if it's not bothering her. If it worsens and/or if she becomes lethargic/acting like she's not feeling well, then it's time to be concerned.

Back
Top Bottom