URGENT! Young Cockeral poop, What is this??! Never seen this before.

Countrypunk92

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
Portland, tennessee

I just recieved this Cockeral, I was putting him in a cage, As I was putting something in the floor of the cage, I had him on the floor in the back room. He squatted and released this ugly poo.

I have never seen anything like this, Its like a normal poop covered in yolk/albumen like substance? Worms??

There is a poop chart thread on this site somewhere, it will show examples of normal droppings--you'd be surprised as to what is normal. Just type in "poop" in the search and you should be able to find it. Other than that, I'm not much help. Maybe it's just a yucky looking poo.

Well, I have seen the chart hundreds of times, And went to it before I posted. Nothing looks like this.

He pooed again, this time just the slimey yellow liquid....Hmm....

Well, I have seen the chart hundreds of times, And went to it before I posted. Nothing looks like this.

Doesn't look normal to me, either. When in doubt, I worm them with Safeguard for Goats (Fenbendazol 100mg/ml) by mouth at the rate of .5cc/kg and repeat in ten days.

Well I sometimes have a similar kind of thing - my chooks sometimes release white liquid poo, kind of like yours except the yellow is white...yuck. I get really worried about mine and I read on this website it could be worms. So I gave them worm medicine (sorry forgot the name) and it all cleared up. Maybe it's what you've got, I don't know. Best to check and read up a bit on it. Sorry if I wasn't much help. :/

I have one that was pooping like yours and she died yesterday... I'll be sending her to the state lab for necropsy and I'll let you know what it was.

I think it was just stress and lack of food. He doesnt poop like this anymore.
wee.gif
That's great!

Well I sometimes have a similar kind of thing - my chooks sometimes release white liquid poo, kind of like yours except the yellow is white...yuck. I get really worried about mine and I read on this website it could be worms. So I gave them worm medicine (sorry forgot the name) and it all cleared up. Maybe it's what you've got, I don't know. Best to check and read up a bit on it. Sorry if I wasn't much help. :/
Some amount of white is normal, yellow is not.

Last edited:
I hope it was nothing. But someone brought it to me so I can put him with my stock.(blrw) a had him standing in the back room while I got him a cage. Came back to that. The next poo was just the yellow liquid. Never seen it in my life. I think he was stressed and hungry, but still doesnt discribe why it looked like ul yolk.

But never saw any more bad poo after that. And he is better then he was when I got him.

Back
Top Bottom