USDA has free 2010 Backyard Biosecurity calendars

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bdp7150, Dec 14, 2009.

1. bdp7150

bdp7150 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2008
    Kentucky
    The USDA has free 2010 Backyard Biosecurity calendars again this year. It has tips for spotting sickness in poultry and how to keep your place disease safe, plus it's has pretty pictures of birds.
    here's the link to get yourself one, plus they have other things for free that you can order. I Love Free stuff!!!!

https://web01.aphis.usda.gov/LPA/Bio...rders?OpenForm

2. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    awww, the link is broken. Oh well, just as I clicked on it I got all paranoid anyway [​IMG]

3. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Of course, if you order it, they'll assume you have livestock, and they'll come and inspect the heck out of you. [​IMG]

Sorry - I can never resist a good conspiracy theory. [​IMG]

5. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:Bingo I agree...

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I have orderd the calendar for 3 years in a row now. It is a great calendar with nice pitures and there is some great info in the other material. They really don't have time to go out and inspect every backyard flock ya know [​IMG]

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I'm not truly paranoid, but I don't really want to get on any more government lists.

Besides, I have a beautiful BYC calendar and all of BYC for advice on chicken care! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  8. Fuzzy_Hat_Farm

Fuzzy_Hat_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Maryland
    If you go to the order materials page and click on the picture of the calendar it will download as a pdf and you could just print it at home. [​IMG] No need to supply your info! [​IMG]

9. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    Quote:A friend and neighbor of mine is good friends with the state poultry inspector who covers our area.. He gave me a heads-up once that the poultry inspector had asked him if he knew of anybody who was keeping chickens.. My buddy said...uh...no... [​IMG] ...and asked why. The guy apparently told him that the KDA wanted to GPS all the poultry flocks in the state because of bird flu or something.

Basically, if this guy were to find out I had chickens, I'd probably be forced into NAIS, GPS'd, and randomly inspected.

Fun, huh?!? [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    I use a Post office box for mailing......no visitors!

lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by