Use Facebook? I created a group community for lovers of ratites...

moonjelly

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 10, 2013
...or those interested in keeping them.

I love this forum, but for FB users, I don't think there's many options. If you're interested in particpiating in the community, you can find it here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-group-for-those-that-keep-Ratites/744773145554490?ref=hl

I am sure it will be slow to grow at first, but hopefully one day it will be the central discussion point for ratite owners and those who are interested in them on Facebook (and may be the only one).

Please contribute if you can, to get the ball rolling and recommend your friends. It seems like there's a community for everything on FB, but none for ratite lovers that I could find.

I am ambivalent. I don't wanna seem anti-tech . . . but the reason that there's no ratitte community on FB is 'cause it's here.

Having achieved this degree of community is a triumph, and it helps the birds. Couldn't we bring the FB people here?

S.E.

Facebook communities operate very differently from forum-based communication. There is a community for literally anything on Facebook.

People who use Facebook on a daily basis to communicate with friends and family, also tend to use it to keep up with interests and hobbies they love. The posts from the ratite community will appear directly on their mobile/tablet/computer all together on their 'Facebook Feed' with everything else they have subscribed to, along with the friends they follow. This is much more convenient to those that actively use FB than visiting this forum.

Facebook is hugely popular at the moment and more information about ratites out there is good any way you look at it. If people need to get their information from that source, because that happens to b e the platform they are more familiar with, then it's a good idea to have a community there.

Otherwise, I would agree with you.

Morning, Moonjelly. Your logic is sound. I personally can't 'come across'; but I suppose others will.

There is a point that came first to my mind: the fact of the very high quality of information here benefits the birds. I would be delighted if the FB users kept this forum alive, considering it a sort of 'academy.'

People like Casuarius and the Sheriff and Emu Hugger should be sought after, not the other way around.

SE

Facebook users just aren't going to keep up with this forum or I'd argue that they'd already be here. It's their loss. But just so long as some information is being shared, that is something.

Suppose . . .

this forum is considered the 'Informaton Base' -- it's about helping the birds -- and FB serves as a more light-hearted forum; and someone undertakes to serve as go-between.

Actually, I have need to understand Facebook better. I will pop across and have a look.

Bottom Line (for me): it's about helping the birds, which requires a single point of contact.

SE

Back
Top Bottom