Use for Unfertilized eggs

I had about 35 quail eggs in the incubator. I candled them finding that 10 eggs are not fertilized.
I’ve read you’re supposed to remove eggs to avoid an egg exploding.

Can I use these eggs for another purpose even if they’ve been in the incubator for 5ish days?
Perhaps give to my neighbor for pet snake?
I won't ever eat an egg I've had in an incubator, but I don't think a snake will mind. As long as non smell!

I won't ever eat an egg I've had in an incubator, but I don't think a snake will mind. As long as non smell!
Ok, Thank you so much!

I took the eggs out of the incubator and popped them in the fridge!! Labeled the carton “do not eat” in red sharpie❌

I always feel bad discarding eggs
So I’m hopeful that these can provide another purpose for an animal 🐍

I’ve read you’re supposed to remove eggs to avoid an egg exploding.
Those eggs are no more likely to explode than an egg that has a developing chick in it. The reason they go rotten is that bacteria get inside and multiply. There is nothing about an egg not developing that will cause it to attract bacteria any more than a developing egg.

There is nothing wrong with removing an egg that is not developing. That leaves more room for the others when they start hatching and makes it easier to keep up with which ones have pipped and for how long. I remove all clears at lockdown, but not because I am worried they will explode.

Can I use these eggs for another purpose even if they’ve been in the incubator for 5ish days?
Perhaps give to my neighbor for pet snake?
There is nothing wrong with eating those eggs as long as they are not rotting but I'll admit some people have a yuk! factor to get over. In some cultures developing eggs that have not yet hatched are eaten as a delicacy. Don't believe me, do a search on "balut". I don't eat those either.

The point is that they are safe to be eaten. Your friend's snake should be good. You can cook them up and feed them back to your flock. Your dog would probably enjoy them. They are as safe to use as any other egg.

Those eggs are no more likely to explode than an egg that has a developing chick in it. The reason they go rotten is that bacteria get inside and multiply. There is nothing about an egg not developing that will cause it to attract bacteria any more than a developing egg.

There is nothing wrong with removing an egg that is not developing. That leaves more room for the others when they start hatching and makes it easier to keep up with which ones have pipped and for how long. I remove all clears at lockdown, but not because I am worried they will explode.

There is nothing wrong with eating those eggs as long as they are not rotting but I'll admit some people have a yuk! factor to get over. In some cultures developing eggs that have not yet hatched are eaten as a delicacy. Don't believe me, do a search on "balut". I don't eat those either.

The point is that they are safe to be eaten. Your friend's snake should be good. You can cook them up and feed them back to your flock. Your dog would probably enjoy them. They are as safe to use as any other egg.
Amazing!
Thank you so much for such useful information!!!

Back
Top Bottom