Use two chicken coops in same yard?

Thank you for the help ....... I live in far NE Oklahoma in the hills. Due to predators and our cold winters I want to build a coop that is well ventilated but also secure so I probably will not use tarps or any other "soft" material. I do like the idea of designing a coop that can be added onto later.

Thank you for the help ....... I live in far NE Oklahoma in the hills. Due to predators and our cold winters I want to build a coop that is well ventilated but also secure so I probably will not use tarps or any other "soft" material. I do like the idea of designing a coop that can be added onto later.

*nods*

It should be possible to make a wall bolt on in such a way that you need only unbolt it in order to add to the coop later.

So I am in a similar situation, we had a small flock and are new to the backyard chickens. Well long story short we ended up rescuing a flock and now have 15 that are approximately 18-20 weeks old. I built a second coop but they will only go in it during a cold raining day and then all pack in the small one at night. Will they eventually figure out that they have another place to stay?

So I am in a similar situation, we had a small flock and are new to the backyard chickens. Well long story short we ended up rescuing a flock and now have 15 that are approximately 18-20 weeks old. I built a second coop but they will only go in it during a cold raining day and then all pack in the small one at night. Will they eventually figure out that they have another place to stay?
They know it's there. They just don't want to use it. In my experience, they will stay all go to the same coop every time, no matter how small.it is. I suggest building 1 big coop

Back
Top Bottom