Used Wazine but it rained so flock may not have gotten all of it?

kellybird02

Hatching
8 Years
Jan 3, 2012
South Carolina
Hi,

I found round worms in some chicken poo and decided to treat for roundworms now then wait until the fall molt to treat for all worms (I plan to start treating twice per year with an all-around dewormer). I used 1 oz Wazine in 1 gallon of water in their water containers for 24 hours.

It rained a few times that day (I didn't know it was supposed to). The chickens free-range so they certainly found mud puddles everywhere to drink from.

Can I re-dose immediately? What if some of the chickens got a full dose and some took practically none? Will it hurt the ones who received a full dose to to get another dose a few days later (on a dry day)?

Thanks so much for your help and experience!

That's the problem with mixing wormers in water. You dont know if the chickens drank it or not...or drank enough of it to be effective. Then it has to be their sole source of treated water to drink to be effective as well.
Go ahead and make a fresh wazine/water mixture and set it out for them early in the morning before you let them out of the coop. They will be thirsty when you first let them out in the morning and will drink the treated water. Leave it out for 24 hours for them to drink. If they drank some today, it wont hurt them drinking it tomorrow. I recommend that you purchase either valbazen or safeguard and dose them in 10 days.

Thanks Dawg! They are being re-treated today (in the run - no rain) and I will get one of those two meds to follow up. I appreciate your help!

Kelly

Back
Top Bottom