Using a radio to deter foxes.

Heffalump

Songster
Aug 18, 2018
Northern Ireland
I just read about some farmers here using a radio out near the coop left on a talk station to deter foxes.

As I'm UK foxes are our main concern predator wise. Obviously we have fencing and don't intend to use a radio as a first line of defence, but if i was confident it would provide extra security I'd go for it.

Has anyone any experience?

I put those beside my security camera and I was surprised to see NEW foxes running away when it is triggered, a fox that was visiting before the lights looked at them and kept going.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NICREW-Security-Spotlight-Weatherproof-Walkways/dp/B07WJ3NPZ5/ref=sr_1_18?crid=1W2QM46WJO2S8&dchild=1&keywords=sensor+light+outdoor&qid=1590354172&sprefix=sensor+light,aps,175&sr=8-18

Ah i was just about to ask about security lights too. I might give them a go as it'll be nice to have some light out there in the winter months anyway and at the moment I use a torch.

Ah i was just about to ask about security lights too. I might give them a go as it'll be nice to have some light out there in the winter months anyway and at the moment I use a torch.
I think they have to be at the fox height for foxes to get scared of them.

Back
Top Bottom