1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

using a still air sucessfully as a hatcher??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hillbilly Hen, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    I just bought a second hand 1602n still air Hova Bator with the idea that I might be able to use it as a hatcher. I am planning on getting a Hova Bator 1588 soon. I was wondering if anyone has done this and what your results were. I have never hatched anything so I am trying to learn as much as possible before I attempt it. Thanks for any help [​IMG]

2. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    We have done it with good results.

Currently we just rotate through the sportsman.

3. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    I just did this with my old hovibator and two silkie eggs!!!! Worked out wonderful!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

4. cuntryduckydude

cuntryduckydude Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2011
    We started with still air but prefer the added fan.

5. BunnyMomma

BunnyMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2010
    Olin, North Carolina
    I prefer a still air hatcher, I have tried a fan but I find that it is too much air for such a small area. Check out my BYC home page to see my Pan-O-Bator. I hatch with those now, and I absolutely love the way they work.
    Bunny!

6. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a circulated air styro as an incubator and a still air as a hatcher. Works well (at least until my fingers get itchy and I start lifting the lid).

7. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    Quote:[​IMG]
    Thanks all, I am just trying to get all the info I can. I think I am planning on trying my first hatch Feb or March 2012.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by