Songster
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
ohio
so how does that work?
using egg cartons in the incubator.
does it work?
what is it suppose to help?
and have anyone used with with calls.? and did it work?

oh and when misting and cooling.
do you mist very day? everytime you turn?

You have to have the eggs in some sort of rack to keep them from clanking together. An egg carton will work, as long as you figure out a way to turn the eggs.

Ducks eggs are supposed to do slightly better when left on their sides and hand rolled.

On the misting, if you have room in the incubator to keep your water bottle inside, then the water will be exactly the right temperature to mist.

x2 on what oregon blues said. Ducks are supposed to do better on their sides for incubating. Hatching in cartons is supposed to be helpful though. It keeps the eggs from rolling and knocking into others, and gives the hatching baby some stability. You just cut out the bottoms of cartons for airflow and stick the eggs in there fat side up.
I mist twice a day, when I turn in the morning and at night. I just spray them and candle and put them back though, not actually leave them out to cool.

ok
thanks guys.
i was just curous abotu the egg cartons. i wont use them.

I think I might use them at lockdown. Especially with the calls.
smile.png
I want to get some little cartons to try incubating in for my quail eggs too.

I like to use cartons while incubating because I can turn the whole carton of eggs and not have my incubator open for very long. Also less rolling around like someone else said.

I like to use cartons while incubating because I can turn the whole carton of eggs and not have my incubator open for very long. Also less rolling around like someone else said.

If I ever incubate chicken eggs I'll use them. Duck/goose eggs are too big though, my incubators short so I'd rather have them on there sides, not so close to the heating element. And I don't want to mist them in the carton and get it wet, and they'd get colder from being taken out and misted than me just turning and misting.
smile.png
The whole carton holding them steady to help them hatch makes a lot of sense to me though, so trying that.

Back
Top Bottom