Using green legs to sex link/auto sex?

Minky

Crowing
6 Years
Nov 4, 2017
Ontario
I have a mostly white EE rooster (with purple wings). He has green legs and feet.

Can I use him to breed sex linked or auto sexing chicks?? and if yes-- how ???

I think the best you could do would be if you have a barred hen, if this rooster has no barring, you'd get barred male offspring and unbarred female... But the boys would only have one copy of the gene so it wouldn't necessarily be very easy to sex early.

I think the best you could do would be if you have a barred hen, if this rooster has no barring, you'd get barred male offspring and unbarred female... But the boys would only have one copy of the gene so it wouldn't necessarily be very easy to sex early.
would the hens be white with purple?

Yes you can. Breed him with any yellow or white legged hens and you can get sex links. However, the pullet chicks may hatch with yellow legs and get their pigment later, meaning you won’t be able to determine them from hatch.

He sounds beautiful. Im not sure i understand but it looks like you want easy to sex chicks? If so, from personal experience sexing an EE cross is a nightmare. I have a little one we hatched from an EE roo and a Black Asian hen. We vent sexed and nothing "popped out". But we are new at it so may not have done it 100% right. He/she has brown/rust coloring on the wings, a single row comb, a single row of flight feathers not the long short long short that females have, and walks like a girl. Soooo we are just gonna have to wait till it lays an egg or not. Lol so yeah. We also got an EE chick from our 2 EE's about 2 weeks later. She was easy to sex. Everything is female. She looks just like her mommy but with yellow legs. So here is big sis/bro with little wiggly sis.
20201119_214632.jpg

Back
Top Bottom