Using part of an old barn

With all the interior floor space, I could put in a brooder area for a broody hen to hatch chicks.

I also could put nesting boxes on one of the walls I am putting in, with access from the outside. It seems like I could use OSB/chip board for any paneling that is needed, to save cost.

With all the interior floor space, I could put in a brooder area for a broody hen to hatch chicks.

I also could put nesting boxes on one of the walls I am putting in, with access from the outside. It seems like I could use OSB/chip board for any paneling that is needed, to save cost.
Yes to all points, except maybe the OSB/chip board.

Chickens produce a certain amount of moisture, and moist conditions can sometimes cause the OSB/chip board to come apart, especially if something picks at it. It might turn out to be fine, or it might not, but I would at least think twice before making a final decision.

My own experience with OSB coming apart was enough years ago that it might not be relevant now: they might be using a different glue, or have made some other change in the manufacturing process.

Back
Top Bottom