USPS lost my rooster!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by fowled-out, Dec 13, 2011.

1. fowled-out

fowled-out Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Elk Grove, Ca
    Okay I bought a rooster from North Carolina at it was shipped out yesterday. It was gaurantee to show up today before 12 noon. NOTHING SHOWED UP! I called the local post office and they did not recieve anything, they called the district express mail headquarters and nothing showed too. I tracked it online and it was last sorted in Charlotte, NC last night and that was it. I live here in Sacramento, California. I heard it can take 2 days to get here, is that true? I don't want to recieve a dead rooster. So nervous I can't even eat or sleep!

2. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    OMG that's aweful! Hopefully they find him soon!!! [​IMG]

By the way, we are neighbors!!! I live off of Florin in Sac, about fifteen minutes from Elk Grove! [​IMG]

3. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Let's hope he turns out soon [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

When I was going to ship birds this summer, they told me they do not do "overnight/24 hr" shipping anymore. They said birds often get there in 24 hours, but they have up to 2 days for transit. You need to call the branch of the PO where it was shipped from which handles animal shipments, its a seperate department from the ones at the post office desk/.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Not to hijack the thread, because I am freaked out about a live bird lost in the mail, but I did want to inquire if y'all frequented my favorite feed store in the entire universe: Bradshaw Feed, Bradshaw at Florin.

Fowled-out, I sure hope you live outside the city limits, there....AND that your rooster shows up!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  6. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Quote:Not to hijack the thread, because I am freaked out about a live bird lost in the mail, but I did want to inquire if y'all frequented my favorite feed store in the entire universe: Bradshaw Feed, Bradshaw at Florin.

Fowled-out, I sure hope you live outside the city limits, there....AND that your rooster shows up!

Never heard of it... I must check it out! [​IMG] Also, not to hijack the thread FURTHER, but I will actually be YOUR neighbor by this springtime or soon thereafter! Lawl

fowledout Keep us updated!! Prayers for your bird!

7. ruthless

ruthless Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Mount Vernon, Mo
    Most live bird deliveries take at LEAST two nites and sometimes a third nite. If it is not extremely cold or extremely hot, they will usually do ok.
    They are in a small confined dark area and resting most of the time.
    Try to relax and next time expect it to take at least two days
    Ask the shipper to throw in a handful of feed and some type fruit or vegetable for moisture
    such as cucumber slices or apple slices.
    Good luck OH and the tracking shows very little except when they actually were shipped out and usually will show when they are actually delivered.

8. fowled-out

fowled-out Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Elk Grove, Ca
    Somebody from somewhere at some USPS called me after 6 hours, all they said is "its coming". I am really impatient.

Anyways, YES, I do frequent bradshaw feed, they have some neat stuff there, but I go to River Valley and Sheldon Feed more often because they carry my feed.

Chicken Thief, I use to live in Elk Grove, I live off of Fruitridge and Stockton now.

9. kelso lover

kelso lover New Egg

Dec 18, 2013
    are gamefowl rooster?.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by