USPS & Missent Chicks

Azarin

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 28, 2011
Hey guys
Feeling really down right now
sad.png
I recently ordered a batch of 10 baby chicks from Meyer hatchery. They were sent through USPS on July 25. For the past few days i've been tracking the shipment on the hour. When I saw 'Missent' in the tracking list my heart literally dropped. It's currently July 27th 10:00pm here and (after calling my local post office) I'm supposed to check at 6am tomorrow. Here's to all of them being alive and healthy!

Has anyone had any trouble with USPS before? I know it's not Meyers fault but from now on I'll probably buy chicks from around town, or just incubate them myself.

I personally haven't had any problems with USPS, but I have only ever ordered live mice and rats- much less sensitive than baby chicks. I hope you get your babies first thing in the morning and they are all ok
fl.gif

I got my box from Meyers in two days last September. I understand your concern due to shipping chicks in the heat of summer. Hope you hear something today.
I ordered a part for my lawnmower and it went Priority USPS and took a week. I tracked the thing bouncing all over the country. Geeesh. Usually things go well, but sometimes, with the Post Office, things just go bonkers.

Got my chicks, one was dead on arrival, and one is currently not doing so well. However the rest are happy and healthy! So glad that they are all alright, just trying to do my best to care for the ill.

Goodluck to everyone that has ordered chicks! I hope you get yours shipped all safe and sound
smile.png

i am glad you got them but so sad to hear about losing one and the one not doing so well...i'll be praying that he pulls it through!

I think missent is just a way to say we screwed up without taking responsibility. I can tell you I have had several packages that this happened to and it is no fun. Taking 5 days to get to a neighboring state!
smack.gif
Then there is the great way they treat eggs. Mash!!! I had one box where they took what was left of the eggs in the goo, put them in a garbage bag and the bag in one of those postal bins. Imagine what the buyer thought! These eggs were individually wrapped and cushioned inside a box originally. Sorry, just letting off steam but when you carefully collect eggs a couple times a day, wrap them carefully , pay the money, you are hoping they will get the job done! Oh, and you never get a refund but to keep people happy, you have to resend and pay more money:-(

Back
Top Bottom