1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Utah Chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by smithfamily2016, Apr 3, 2016.

1. smithfamily2016

smithfamily2016 New Egg

Apr 3, 2016
    We are in Provo, UT and have just put our 5 chickens in their coup now that their feathers are growing beautifully. They are happy girls enjoying being part pets, and part chickens. It has been a fun experience with our 6 kids ages 10 and down, as part of our homeschooling nature schooling.

2. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
  3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! It sounds like your girls are coming in really well amd how fun for your children to be getting involved with them. Chickens sure are a great hobby the whole family can enjoy.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's always nice to have the entire family involved with animals...there's enough work and fun to go around for everyone!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. I hope that your children continue to enjoy your chickens - there's no reason why they cannot participate in BYC (through yourself, of course) - members here are very supportive and helpful when children have any questions.

All the best
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by