UTAH needs one adult RIR hen for greving sister asap please help!!!!!

Bigcrest

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
UTAH
As I posted in the emergency section, I was kindly led here to also look for some help.
I have had my 2 girls since they were chicks and one was just killed- her sister is so upset already. I need to find another RIR pullet, or very young adult hen asap. ( she was only 3 this year) If theses another type of hen similar to the personality of the RIR, then please suggest that as well.
I think being in Utah will be one of my biggest challenges, but I need the comfort for my other girl, and my own grief.
Thank you all.....

Try craigslist Bigcrest. I don't know about Colorado, but are able to find chickens in the Seattle area- doing a search for chickens in the farm section. Good Luck and sorry for your loss.

Imp

Check on the classifieds section of ksl.com. They have a section for poultry and you can sometimes find hens for sale.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Do you have a local chicken group you can post too? I had a similiar situation and was able to post to a california yahoo group and found one pretty quickly.. sorry about your rir and good luck

eta to include Welcome!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thank you all so incredibly much!
Today I picked up a 12 month old white leg/ Rhode Island cross.
there is no fighting. Even before I introduced the two, my RIR is acting really really weird-
She just has the stares. She has sat all day, and done nothing. Is this normal?
After the introduction they both just layed down in their coop and looked at eachother.
we'll see what tomorrow brings. I just hope that my RIR is ok....

I really cant thank everyone here enough. You all are so nice and knowledgeable. It's great to be among such wonderful people.

Back
Top Bottom