utah zone

we just started and found out that depending on where you are located in ogden you can have chickens. and so far no problems for us

I live in Clearfield, Utah and my neighbours has hen's too. I called the city office and they said that I'm not allowed to have any chickens.
How do I petition to be allowed to do so? I'm only planning on getting at most 3 hen's and no roosters.
Don't see a problem here.

I am interested in finding out WHERE in Ogden we can own chickens.. Anyone know? I was told that we can't as of right now but possibly in the future we can?????

So how do I find out where in Ogden it is legal to have chickens? We are wanting just a few we have a LARGE backyard and plan on getting a nice city lookin coop lol!

I called Ogden city about their current ordnance status. Aprox 5 petitions have failed to pass a change in their restriction against Backyard Chickens. It would cost filing another petition to bring things up with city council again. Most recent was 2years ago. Nothing in the works currently from what I hear.

If you live in hopper, you can have like one "farm unit" which is I am guessing a coop, per 10k sq ft. If your property is over 20k sq ft. In west haven, you can have 40 chickens per acre. Both of those allow roosters. Roy city, no roosters but six chickens. Ogden, none of either. Over the mountain in the Ogden valley there are tons of chickens everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom