Utah!

oh very nice, they sure are big girls then. do you remember about how old the buff is? beautiful pictures
love.gif

Thanks! The buff baby hatched on Feb. 22nd. So, the pencil and her are about a month apart. I'm thinking, I will put the pencils that you are getting back into the coop that she is in. Those two pencils are soo together all the time. It may be good to separate them before the one goes. Then you won't have a sulking little girl. And, she will know the buff better.
Can you see a difference in those pictures of the pencils? One is smaller, pick a picture, and then pick which one you want..I will bring the one you want.

Red---If you hang up a string of christmas lights around your coop that might scare the varmint away---they do not like lights, just an idea.....Nasty coon I hope you catch him!
Cynthia---I did not fill out the form! I thought you just had to post that you were "in". So bummer! But I think my eggs are no good....the heat is all over the place, I am going tonight to get a better thermometer, the one that came with it seems to be off a couple degrees, which would make it impossible to be alive in there....looking tomorrow just to be sure. Have a few more eggs I saved from last Fri and Sat, do not know if they are still fertile but I might try. Will let you know what happens! Hey that second picture does look suspicious, I see what you are talking about, the tail goes up then lops over a bit at the top. I sure hope it works out to be a girl with a purdy tail.
Jessejane, ditto with Cynthia....those chicks should be fine outside with a small light if they are uncomfortable....I moved my black EE's out at 6 weeks at Christmas and they were fine, did not even go by the light. I went to the garage, cold with a 60 watt---at 4 weeks, then to the coop at 6 weeks after hey had time to adjust.
Get a digital! Those things they send with the bators are worthless...but, my guess is, at this early stage, if the temp didn't get too high, you are fine. Walmart, digital. lol.. I would go ahead and put more eggs in..that would be me. :))

bird man..I'm going to try more pictures..I have things caught up around here, my hubby is outside trimming the fruit trees, I want to be outside too..so, more pictures coming..will get the buff too.

Oh, Red, I'm sorry that the raccoon is back. :( I hope your EE Roo just ran away to get safe, and you find him today.

Cynthia, sorry about your little chick. Loved the pictures of your birds. Those pencileds are so gorgeous.

I'm curious- do you think they'd let me be in the Easter hatch? I'm setting eggs today (can't have them hatching ON Easter since no kids will be at school...).

cynthia i want you to take your pick and then i will take the other one. would love to see more pictures. hey red good luck with the coon, i do have a leg trap you can use if you want but the box trap may be better. they also have a leg trap that is safe for other animals but not for coons, its the barrel type of leg trap. hope you get the coon and i hope your chickens stay safe!

Cynthia--will go digital then, for sure---Going out tonight to get one, I do not want to set the new eggs in there until I know it is right. Do you set the digital across the top of the eggs? This incubator said to set the therm that came with it on top--flat---but I have noticed the temp at the top is so much hotter than the temp at the bottom, where is the best spot to put it and what temp do you keep yours on?

Ok, here are some more pictures..Brad, you can see the little twins better in some of these, as you can tell, they are always together. Plus, better pics of my black. I think I will delete the other pics above..taking up a lot of room here...!
First, my lavender girl..and the buff peeking out from the Sussex
Cute little buff and my little RIR
No wattles, well, very small ones, and not much of a tail yet!
She is getting prettier. I also love my Sussex..and little buff is right in there along with the RIR baby
The twins, almost..Brad, can you see which one is a bit smaller?
Front view
Top view..:) now you can pick one. I'm not picky, I can see that they are both going to be very pretty.
Caught my black girl. No wattles!
Just a tiny bit of comb coming in, not red..she is older than the lavenders
No saddle feathers that I can see. Can you see what I mean about the tail? Different on the end.
See those pretty little feathers at the end of the tail? Too funny. She has a little skirt going on too.

Oh, Red, I'm sorry that the raccoon is back. :( I hope your EE Roo just ran away to get safe, and you find him today.

Cynthia, sorry about your little chick. Loved the pictures of your birds. Those pencileds are so gorgeous.

I'm curious- do you think they'd let me be in the Easter hatch? I'm setting eggs today (can't have them hatching ON Easter since no kids will be at school...).
Bet they would..I just shot a pm to Mahroni..I let him know that mine had been set two days earlier. So, your would be a bit later. I just saw on there that someone was later.

Lisa..put the digital on the floor..too heavy for the top of the eggs, and this one is deep enough that it is higher any way. is this like your bator? These are in lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom