Utah!

Does anyone have silkie chicks right now?

Are you by chance one that wanted one of mine? I'm in Spanish Fork. I have one blue girl left to sell. She is older. Or, are you the one that came and bought a few from me. I don't remember everyone that comes by..sorry.
hide.gif

Here is a photo of just before trimming eyes..they can't see with all of that fluff!

These photos were taken a few weeks ago.

Are you by chance one that wanted one of mine? I'm in Spanish Fork. I have one blue girl left to sell. She is older. Or, are you the one that came and bought a few from me. I don't remember everyone that comes by..sorry. :oops: Here is a photo of just before trimming eyes..they can't see with all of that fluff! These photos were taken a few weeks ago.
I'm not sure. I don't think it was me though. I'm in Tooele and have only bought quail eggs. Nice chickens though! The reason I'm asking is because my mother in law says she wants some. I'll be honest I prefer my waterfowl to chickens at this moment. Thanks for the help guys! :thumbsup

Last edited:
I'm not sure. I don't think it was me though. I'm in Tooele and have only bought quail eggs. Nice chickens though! The reason I'm asking is because my mother in law says she wants some. I'll be honest I prefer my waterfowl to chickens at this moment. Thanks for the help guys! :thumbsup

Do you keep ducks, by chance? Would you like a Cayuga drake? I have one that is the only survivor of a dog attack followed by a raccoon attack and I'm anxious to get him to someone with other ducks, but if you already have a drake it might not be a good idea :( Just thought I'd check, though.

Do you keep ducks, by chance? Would you like a Cayuga drake? I have one that is the only survivor of a dog attack followed by a raccoon attack and I'm anxious to get him to someone with other ducks, but if you already have a drake it might not be a good idea :( Just thought I'd check, though.

Yes I do have ducks! Poor thing! Is he physically ok? Yicks! We definitely don't need rabies on our premises that we do feel for him! We're in Tooele. Are you wanting to get more ducks for your flock or wanting to move him to a safer location?

Silkie sold.

Now, had my friend bring me duck eggs because mama disappeared. There were eggs strewn all over the lawn. They are thinking Racoon again. One of the eggs was clearly not started. The other two had veining..but, no movement. They had been out a full day. Said I would warm them up and see later if they are viable. They were. Now I am trying to remember how to hatch duck eggs. :/ Wish I could keep them if they make it.

Will load some photos..when BYC let's me. Having troubles on this site again. Maybe it's just my computer. Anyway, the photos are from a few days ago..not sure how far along they are. The friend said he thought she had sat on them for around a week.

Silkie sold.

Now, had my friend bring me duck eggs because mama disappeared.  There were eggs strewn all over the lawn.  They are thinking Racoon again.   One of the eggs was clearly not started. The other two had veining..but, no movement.  They had been out a full day.  Said I would warm them up and see later if they are viable. They were.  Now I am trying to remember how to hatch duck eggs.  :/     Wish I could keep them if they make it.

Will load some photos..when BYC let's me.  Having troubles on this site again.  Maybe it's just my computer. Anyway, the photos are from a few days ago..not sure how far along they are.  The friend said he thought she had sat on them for around a week. 

That's so sweet of you! I hope they make it!
1f64f-1f3fb.png

We can help you out if you'd like. We have ducks.

Silkie sold.

Now, had my friend bring me duck eggs because mama disappeared. There were eggs strewn all over the lawn. They are thinking Racoon again. One of the eggs was clearly not started. The other two had veining..but, no movement. They had been out a full day. Said I would warm them up and see later if they are viable. They were. Now I am trying to remember how to hatch duck eggs. :/ Wish I could keep them if they make it.

Will load some photos..when BYC let's me. Having troubles on this site again. Maybe it's just my computer. Anyway, the photos are from a few days ago..not sure how far along they are. The friend said he thought she had sat on them for around a week.

That happened to one of my brothers muscovies a year ago. She had been sitting on the eggs for awhile, we weren't sure how long, and got taken by a raccoon. The eggs were very cold when we gathered them, but we put them in the incubator anyway, and only a week later 2 or 3 of them hatched. (I can't remember exactly how many). We were pretty impressed.

Back
Top Bottom