Utah!

Does anyone know where to get a huge box for a two hens and their chicks? My chickens keep pecking at the two hens and they are both super sad... I live in Draper City so if anyone around their has a box or maybe a brooder o could borrow I could pick it up.
check smiths food and drug they give the big cereal boxes away for free

Last edited:
No worries I tend to be on the side of caution for these kinds of things anyways. I am truly sorry for the losses but you and your strong drake have gone through. Unfortunately after consulting with my hubby we just can't take the risk in rehabilitating him at this point however if you would like to buy ducks now or later we would be more then able to help you reestablish a new flock you just let us know and we'll help you out! :hugs

P.S. We do know of a bird rehabilitating place called Great Basin Wildlife Rescue that might take him in! PM me if you'd like more information and I'll send it right your way!
1f642.png

No worries :) I would feel horrible if he had something and got your birds sick. Say, would ya mind messaging me the info on that rehab place? :D Thanks much!

Welcome to our newbies!

Does anyone know where to get a huge box for a two hens and their chicks? My chickens keep pecking at the two hens and they are both super sad... I live in Draper City so if anyone around their has a box or maybe a brooder o could borrow I could pick it up.

I use small dog crates...very often..for different reasons..mostly for holding until a buyer comes. :) Have used for a brooder..tried too, didn't work. Also to try and break a broody girl..didn't work either..now have a nice good sized rabbit pen for holding my broody hens I don't want to go into a heavy brood.

Hmm, for a hen and babies..I've used the big bins for chicks..as a brooder, but didn't have a hen in it. Bet the one I have would work fine though for a hen and her babies..it's big! Kmart is where I got mine.

Last edited:
Hi there! Im Kara, in Saratoga Springs. I'm new to chickens. We've got 11 chicks almost 4 weeks old (I wanted 3-4 but I've learned my husband cannot be trusted to go to feed stores lol, he can't resist the cute chicks). Need to get a coop bought or built soon because I had no idea how fast chicks grew and they are going to outgrow their brooder very soon lol.

Aw that's cute!

I bought 2 more chicks today. Evidently I can't resist cute baby chicks either lol. But the problem is I only have 1 brooder and the older chicks are pecking at them. I'm trying to figure out how to separate them.

I was able to block them into a small section of the brooder so they are safe for now. Will have to think of something else in the morning since it's a little cramped but at least the other chicks can't peck at them. :)

Back
Top Bottom