Vaccination Side Effect?

thailand

Crowing
12 Years
Hello. I have a batch of 10 day old chicks. I vaccinated them at 7 days old with Newcastle/Infectious Bronchitis vaccine via eye. Everyone is doing well....except this one chick. It leans to the left constantly now and has a bulge on the right hand side that never goes down...and the wings don't appear set right. Is this a side effect of Newcastle vaccination? What should I do please? Chick is eating and drinking reasonably well although does get bumped around a lot by the others. Here's some photos:
1520578702392363559570.jpg
15205787253231404846523.jpg
1520578753652236658147.jpg

Hopefully this video loads ok:

Pictures loaded but to post a video, you need to put it on You Tube, then link it to here.

I have no clues what could possible wrong. Is the lump hard or soft? Is it on the skin or under the skin? I'm thinking the "leaning" effect maybe a vitamin deficiency, do you have access to Nutri Drench? If not some vitamin containing riboflavin and Vit E ... Boiled egg yolk would be good to mix in with it's feed.

Video is loading to YouTube....will post link here shortly. The 'lump' isn't actually a lump, it's more that the chick is 'bent'. It's bone underneath the skin.....it's like its skeletal structure is bent out of shape....so to give an answer to your question, it's hard. The wings don't sit straight across its back either...they're crooked if that makes sense.

I do have a red vitamin supplement that I can administer drops via beak. Also electrolytes/vitamins in the water. I'll get onto the boiled egg momentarily. Would some kelp or wheatgerm be good added in?

As chick nanny says I wonder if it could have a vitamin deficiency. I’ve had something that sounds similar with a newborn chick. I gave vitamin e and selenium (a tiny bit of a human pill crushed into powder) and it perked up in hours. I’ve never had it with a 10 day old chick and have no idea if it has anything to do with the vaccination. I hope you manage to resolve it.

Your video didn't upload ... Try again please.

Did you hatch these chicks or purchase? Is this the first time you're noticing this, or did you notice something off from the first day?

If you're thinking it's possibly the skeletal structure, the bent position probably the spine. It could be a deformity from injury or positioned wrong in the egg. Let's see if I can get experienced members to help out ....

@rebrascora @casportpony @Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock @azygous
Thank you all in advance :bow

ok...just been out and bought vit e and selenium. Unfortunately had to buy two separate tablets. How much of each should I give??
The pills I got were 10mg vit E and 60ug selenium. I mixed probably an eighth of a pill with about 10ml of water (it didn’t dissolve very well). I had to give it in a syringe because it the chick couldn’t get to feed and water. I fed every hour and by the end of the day he was much better. By the following morning I couldn’t even tell which chick it was! Disclaimer - this is just what worked for me, I’m not a vet or qualified in any way so administer vitamins/ minerals/medication at your own risk. Good luck and please let us know how you get on :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom