1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Vaccines and Side Effects on Chicks. Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by rhino533, May 22, 2011.

1. rhino533

rhino533 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Thailand
    I gave my chicks Newcastle vaccinations when they were 7 days old. They are 11 days old now and they seems to be a little bit congessted. Could this be a possible side effect of the Newcastle Vaccination? Should I worry?

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    *bump*

3. rhino533

rhino533 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Thailand
    Hmm seems no one knows about vaccine side effects. I tried to find info on the net and couldn't really find that much. One chick is a bit more congested today buy the cough doesn't seem as bad. All the other chicks seem 100% fine. Yesterday I move the chick that was the most congested to another cage, didn't want to make problems with all the other chicks that are healthy. I will cull this chick if it gets any worse in the next 3 days. I don't want any of my chickens and chicks to get sick because of this one. My adult chickens are very healthy. The main reason I think it could have been a side effect is because the chick was really healthy before I gave it the vaccine.

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Why not contact a moderator and see if you can get your thread moved to the emergencies and illness section. I know we have a few experts on that sort of thing that cruise that section heavily looking for ways to help.

I wish I could help, but I don't vaccinate. Good luck to you. [​IMG]

To get your thread moved, simply "report" your first post in this thread and state the reason why you'd like it moved. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by