Valley Farms Hatchery

Has anyone ordered chicks from Valley Farms Hatchery? If so, were you happy with the quality of your chicks?
I bought 18 chicks from there , batams and standards . Five died throughout the first day and one died the 2 day , all that died showed signs of Mereks disease. I am very displeased with Valley Farms Hatchery.I have one right now that doesnt look like it will make it through the night. I hope and pray no more die but I am sure they will.

I bought 18 chicks from there , batams and standards . Five died throughout the first day and one died the 2 day , all that died showed signs of Mereks disease. I am very displeased with Valley Farms Hatchery.I have one right now that doesnt look like it will make it through the night. I hope and pray no more die but I am sure they will.
Chicks shouldn't die of Marek's, not within the first two weeks. I'm pretty sure it takes the disease a while to grow the tumours that kill the victims, even if they are infected immediately upon hatching.

Chicks shouldn't die of Marek's, not within the first two weeks. I'm pretty sure it takes the disease a while to grow the tumours that kill the victims, even if they are infected immediately upon hatching.
Do you think you would have any insight on what is wrong with them then. I gave them sugar water like the valley farms told me to , to perk them up from the stress of the shipment . I have been giving them water with electrolights and probioctics and plain water. The symptoms before they die are difficulty breathing, paralysis in the legs , diarrhea , and drowsiness. I am really upset because I had bought bantums. 6 have died all together.

Do you think you would have any insight on what is wrong with them then. I gave them sugar water like the valley farms told me to , to perk them up from the stress of the shipment . I have been giving them water with electrolights and probioctics and plain water. The symptoms before they die are difficulty breathing, paralysis in the legs , diarrhea , and drowsiness. I am really upset because I had bought bantums. 6 have died all together.
I'd guess shipping stress, (especially with bantams) but I really don't know. Chicks are pretty delicate.

Back
Top Bottom