valley quial deaths

I was thinking that I would let the disease run its course on the cats and then send one in for tests. I lost two bobs today that were not really exposed to the valleys. I am feeding them medicated 28% starter. Is that a problem?

Dang Pavo I Feel For Ya..
sad.png
Good Luck. Hollar If You Can Come Up With Anything Specific As Far As Symptoms... Maybe We Can Diagnose And Come Up With Best Treatment If Possible.

Here is an update. I lost my last two adult bobwhites yesterday out of about ten. None of my mature or young Cortornix have died. None of my young bobs (a few weeks old) that have definately been exposed or a young silkie that was in the pen with the dead bobs died so far. No symptoms, just stone cold dead. Clear eyes and poop. Also have not lost any chickens, pheasants, or peafowl. I wormed (panacure) everything, gave them Tylan and took the contaminated pens, waterers and feeders out to the woods before these recent deaths. The bobs were inside my garage, so weather was not a factor. I still think that I have done something wrong with caring for these birds. Are any of you aware of any disease that will only affect quail and not my larger birds?

This is where I am now. I suspect that when my young bobs get older, they will die too. I giess I should put them down, but I can't do it. Thanks, Mitch

Back
Top Bottom