Variance Request Help (Quakertown, PA)

CyberCountry

Chirping
Aug 4, 2018
Hello to my friends and enthusiasts.

Welp. I goofed. Three years ago I misread the borough ordinances about chickens. I fit all criteria except for one-- 100 feet from every lot line. (I misread this as 100 feet from the nearest building) Well, six months ago, someone built a handful of new houses super close to my yard, and a zoning officer noticed my girls. I was informed that I was out of code and told to remove them.

I'm beginning to apply for a variance, because that simply won't do. I've had chickens since I was a 10 year old little 4-H kid in almost every place I lived. I live in a swamp (literal, not metaphorical), and my chickens are major pest control, not to mention the eggs and the manure for compost.

For those that have gone through a zoning variance process-- how did you do it? What was it like? Did you win? I need a little hope in my life right now, I think.

I live like 30-45 minutes away from you.... I had to get mine away from other's property or out of site if anyone noticed. If someone wanted them gone, they had to be taken away... I would suggest trying to get them to somewhere that you can trust. You can't really do anything about it, sadly. You should try and speak out against and tell them why your chickens are helping and that they're not pests.

Back
Top Bottom