VEGETARIAN RECIPES NEEDED

The high-end burger patties like the black bean ones make it easy to do something like burgers without everyone having to eat vegetarian. Same with veggie deli "meats." Super easy to make sandwiches and just swap out one ingredient.

I don't eat meat, and the hardest part is when other people think that I care what they eat. If your home usually eats meat with every meal, and you went all veggie for me, I'd feel like a big imposition. So, don't fret. I think a mix of some veggie meals, partially veggie meals, and restaurant meals will make for a comfortable visit.

The classic and easy vegetarian complex protein is some beans and rice together.

Personally, if I were coming to visit, I'd like to see an assortment of fresh local produce and dairy. That leaves options open, and if a vegetarian gets hangry just put an apple in their mouth!

I'm not a big meat eater, so I'll eat as they do while they are visiting. My husband will do the same but with some meat or fish on the side.

Lately I've been making tamale pies, not too complicated and pretty delicious. Most of my staples have already been listed here, but for some extra vegetarian egg options: Frittata/Quiche, Spinach Benedict, Deviled eggs (with a lil relish or green chile mixed in). Also, breakfast burritos and egg sandwiches are yummy.

Have a great visit!

Lately I've been making tamale pies, not too complicated and pretty delicious. Most of my staples have already been listed here, but for some extra vegetarian egg options: Frittata/Quiche, Spinach Benedict, Deviled eggs (with a lil relish or green chile mixed in). Also, breakfast burritos and egg sandwiches are yummy.

Have a great visit!
Thank you. We are going to have a great visit. I haven't seen them much this past year. They've been having wonderful adventures. ❤ it will be nice to sit and visit in person.

Stir fries with tofu or seitan are great and easy to add shrimp to, if your husband wants. Fried rice is also good - we usually add several eggs to use them up and add protein! I like it because you can add whatever veggies you have on hand. We also do big salads a lot. Everyone can choose their own protein (beans, hardboiled eggs, meats). You can stick with the basics or add tons of toppings, croutons, seeds, etc.

Stir fries with tofu or seitan are great and easy to add shrimp to, if your husband wants. Fried rice is also good - we usually add several eggs to use them up and add protein! I like it because you can add whatever veggies you have on hand. We also do big salads a lot. Everyone can choose their own protein (beans, hardboiled eggs, meats). You can stick with the basics or add tons of toppings, croutons, seeds, etc.
I hadn't thought of fried rice! I used to make that a lot. Thank you.

My son and daughter-in-law are visiting next week.
They eat vegetarian, but are not vegan.
I'm looking for menus with complete proteins. I have plenty of eggs to work with.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/recovery-quinoa-salad/2319329

You can probably throw in some egg too.

Also if you are grilling, portabella mushroom caps can be used in place of hamburgers, and carrots instead of hot dogs.

I am sure you will have a great visit and your fam will really appreciate your efforts! Lots of great ideas here that I would truly enjoy sampling myself!

I have the exact opposite problem, also next week! Parents in law are visiting and I am practically a vegetarian. They are used to Cracker Barrel-ian worthy spreads and dislike most vegetables. Trying to get my husband to eat a vegetable has been a herculean effort chiseled fractionally over time, with only marginal success.

I am hoping that they will perhaps not get too hungry while they are here - all week 🤣🤫

Back
Top Bottom