veins not showing

OFWGKTA

Chirping
Dec 27, 2023
I candled my egg and saw no veins but the yolk was covering half the egg, I Googled it and it meant it was a bad egg so I cracked it, but there was a baby in there!! Is this normal? My eggs have "eyes"? But no veins.
20240103_174105.jpg
20240103_172702.jpg

How old? I can't see anything in the egg, the room isn't dark enough
Thanks for the help but i fixed my problem, I turned off all my lights and none of the eggs had veins BUT when I put them upside down they had veins?? I didn't know they had to be upside down i feel so dumb 🤦‍♀️

I candled my egg and saw no veins but the yolk was covering half the egg, I Googled it and it meant it was a bad egg so I cracked it, but there was a baby in there!! Is this normal? My eggs have "eyes"? But no veins.View attachment 3718208View attachment 3718209
I’m very sorry about the chick. I would recommend making the room darker and using a stronger light. The lights on incubators typically aren’t great and often don’t show early development as clearly.

What day of incubation is it? You won’t usually be able to see obvious signs of development by candling for several days.

I’m no expert on candling, but I do see a bit of a darker spot at the top of the egg in the first picture. It could just be a shadow but I’m not sure. Also, the fat end of the egg contains the air cell, and shining the light through it may negatively affect the visibility in the egg. It is recommended that you shine the light through the side or small end of the egg to see everything inside as clearly as possible, as well as ensure the chick’s safety because its head will develop in the fat end near the air cell.

I always leave all of my eggs in the incubator until a few days before the hatch, just in case I missed something when candling.

Best of luck, and I hope you get a good hatch!

I’m very sorry about the chick. I would recommend making the room darker and using a stronger light. The lights on incubators typically aren’t great and often don’t show early development as clearly.

What day of incubation is it? You won’t usually be able to see obvious signs of development by candling for several days.

I’m no expert on candling, but I do see a bit of a darker spot at the top of the egg in the first picture. It could just be a shadow but I’m not sure. Also, the fat end of the egg contains the air cell, and shining the light through it may negatively affect the visibility in the egg. It is recommended that you shine the light through the side or small end of the egg to see everything inside as clearly as possible, as well as ensure the chick’s safety because its head will develop in the fat end near the air cell.

I always leave all of my eggs in the incubator until a few days before the hatch, just in case I missed something when candling.

Best of luck, and I hope you get a good hatch!
It's day eight and now that my light is way darker there are now signs of chicks, thank you

Back
Top Bottom