vent about husband and chickens. {long}

okiehen

Songster
12 Years
Oct 25, 2007
Oklahoma
Husband things I have enough chickens.
I think you can never have enough.
I have a plan that I would like to take on with chickens and he dont see it. I have 46 right now thats counting the 12 chicks and I have 18 of my eggs in due to hatch this Sunday. When it all started out I wanted to get chickens and had a few breeds in mind. Well I had a American Game Rooster and 5 hens gave to me. It wasnt long and he even said we needed more. So I found some leghorn pullets for sale and he was all for it becouse that was the breed his mom allways had.
I was for it becouse I wanted more and was ok with the leghorns but it was not my pick of breeds.
So we went and got the leghorns 12 of them.
They lay great and the eggs are good. I dont mind at all haveing them even with them being freaks.
So I still was in looks for some brown layers.
When I found some we went and got them 12 more pullets of the breeds that I wanted.
Now we had one game hen set and hatch out some chicks I keep all but one rooster.
Had 2 more hens go to set one game hen died.
The other broke up 2 days before they were due to hatch loss all 12 eggs.
So I was in need of going on to the next step to hatch some for my self, and he went to town and bought a hova bartor. And its just keep getting better. I put up 12 eggs to hatch to see if I could do it
and what did he say is 12 eggs enough, so I put in more 18 total. I had a great hatch 12 chicks.
So now the one babies that I wanted to see the most didnt hatch so I got the need to set more so I did there are 18 eggs in now.
And it just gets better still I would like to do the egg swap with you great people. To see what I get and to get some of my eggs out there. I would like to sell hatching eggs, I am selling eggs to eat and the girls are buying there feed.
I just want to go on to the next step with my chickens and have some pure bred chickens that I can raise and sell hatching eggs from and a few chicks from as I have the hatching fever.
I would love to have more Barred Rocks, and Welsummers and may be some golden Campines.
I dont think that I'm asking too much and we have room and can build more coop space. I could even let them free range if needed.
Sorry for the long post just needed to get it all out.
I dont know what I'll do but I bet he will give in some time .
th.gif

If he's like my husband, he squeeks and whines every time I say I'm bringing an animal home. It doesn't have anything to do with not wanting them, he's just being a pain for the sake of it. I think they teach them this technique at husband school - "How to Annoy Your Wife 101"

I just do whatever I want, and he has always enjoyed every animal I brought home.
cool.png

lau.gif
sounds like she has what the rest of us have,,,,lol
cant get enough and dont know when to draw the line,,,lol
i say,,,do what you have to do,,,
i know,,,,no help....

My husband says the animals "tie us down"-how about: football, baseball, basketball, etc............
We can't go anywhere if there's a game on anyway!

You people are so bad
gig.gif
I have almost 68
ep.gif
(30 living and 38 in the bators) About 8 months ago I didn't even want a chicken. Now I can not imagine not having them.
Dh say's that we have to many animals, and that I can not have anymore
hit.gif
But he alway's give's in with a little brown nosing
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom