Vent Gleet Possibly?

Jan 10, 2022
So my 1 year old hen has had a messy bum, I clean it and 3 days later it's messy again. We've tried acidified copper sulfate and giving her human grade yeast creams as directed. She seems to eat and drink ok. However, she's struggling to lay and I've been soaking her every other day. I don't feel and egg when I check her vent, I am assuming I would feel something. Does anyone have any other recommendations? Here are some pictures. She still pooping as well, but sometimes it's just liquid. It's been hot here in the 90s, but the last 3 days it's been cooler thankfully. She won't eat yogurt, she is the only one who won't eat it.

Attachments

• 20220801_045433.jpg
    20220801_045433.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220801_042302.jpg
    20220801_042302.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220801_042250.jpg
    20220801_042250.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 8
So my 1 year old hen has had a messy bum, I clean it and 3 days later it's messy again. We've tried acidified copper sulfate and giving her human grade yeast creams as directed. She seems to eat and drink ok. However, she's struggling to lay and I've been soaking her every other day. I don't feel and egg when I check her vent, I am assuming I would feel something. Does anyone have any other recommendations? Here are some pictures. She still pooping as well, but sometimes it's just liquid. It's been hot here in the 90s, but the last 3 days it's been cooler thankfully. She won't eat yogurt, she is the only one who won't eat it.
If you think she is straining to lay she may have a soft-shell or shell-less egg coming. You can feed her a human Calcium citrate tablet with Vit D. Give her 450-600 mg a day for a week and see if that helps.
Can you get a fecal sample floated at your vet office to check for worms or coccidiosis?

If you think she is straining to lay she may have a soft-shell or shell-less egg coming. You can feed her a human Calcium citrate tablet with Vit D. Give her 450-600 mg a day for a week and see if that helps.
Can you get a fecal sample floated at your vet office to check for worms or coccidiosis?
I have the liquid Calcium citrate with vit D, will that work? I will see if I can get a vet to test for worms or cocci.

Back
Top Bottom