Ventilate run

cboriskin

Songster
8 Years
Nov 5, 2011
my coop is well ventilated, but the run where the hens stay during the day gets awfully hot especially during triple digit weather. I put out a mister and several water source, but the hens still seem to gasp for air. I was thinking of putting a solar fan to move the air around, but not sure if this would do the trick. They do have shade, but still not enough. Any suggestions?

From your avatar pic, it looks like there is very little air circulation in that section of your yard. You might consider either a solar fan or an electric fan, and if you set it up to blow across a sheet that was wicking water up from a water trough, it should provide a fair amount of relief.

my coop is well ventilated, but the run where the hens stay during the day gets awfully hot especially during triple digit weather. I put out a mister and several water source, but the hens still seem to gasp for air. I was thinking of putting a solar fan to move the air around, but not sure if this would do the trick. They do have shade, but still not enough. Any suggestions?
Actually your run looks very well ventilated, it's all mesh, but no protection from the sun.
I agree it's in that corner of tall solid fencing so not great airflow, a fan could help.
I'd put a shade cloth over the run too, not a tarp but the kind that allows air flow.
The red coop does not have much ventilation that I can see.

Back
Top Bottom