Ventilation questions

Ditto Dat!!!

Love the cock/erel cutouts, and the purple. Want to paint over the white 'edges'.
I'd open the soffits.......and turn that vent flap over to be hinged at top so you can leave it open but protect and ingress of rain or snow and damper sting winds.
Pics of inside, please?
Mines here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/aarts-coop-page.65912/
Inside has nothing in it yet- I just started, but I’ll post plenty when I get there. My poor old shed Turning coop-I’ll paint it last. Nice and crisp.

Love the color- we’re looking at a dark blue too.! And those open eves are great! I wouldn’t dare here in the tundra though.
I painted it to match our house - same blue with white trim and a black door.
Lots of people in the tundra here, check with them about ventilation. My impression is that more is better unless you're on the north pole 😄

Ooh I like the rooster cutouts! What did you use to cut them with? That's a lot of detail.

I decided to be better safe than sorry, given that everybody is advising for tons of ventilation, so I left the tops of all four of my walls open. We haven't had any snow storms this winter but if one day we do, and it looks like the overhangs aren't enough, I can put top-hinged flaps on them and open them partway, to still allow air in but protect them more from the top.

View attachment 2036865
View attachment 2036866
I absolutely love that. That's what I call ventilation.

And those open eves are great! I wouldn’t dare here in the tundra though.
Oh, I bet you could.
Where is the 'tundra'?
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1582838324840.png

Back
Top Bottom