Ventilation Type of thing?

cmcgoun

Songster
11 Years
May 24, 2008
Raleigh, North Carolina
Well I am working on my coop and I am wondering weather to make a solid door or one with hardware cloth for ventilation. I only have one window, and two little vents at the top roof, so I think I need more, but I cant put in another window. I wouldn't be able to close off the door ventilation, so what would they do in the winter? I live in Raleigh, NC so temps can get down to 20 I just dont want em' to freeze!
tongue.png

Thanks!

If you make the door and cover it with hardware cloth now you have until late September to early October to worry about a cold weather door. You could then cut a piece of plywood to go over the inside of the door to block out the cold weather.

I scavange for old doors with a window or windows when I see a house being remodled. Stop and ask if they are throwing away old doors and windows and ask if you can have them. I explain I need something for my chicken house and I have been given 12 windows and a full size back door with triple window panes.

We like photos. Show us your coop.
smile.png

Can you use the hardwire cloth for the ventilation and in the winter put a piece of wood over it? or put it on there and hinge it so you can open and close it when you want to?

Back
Top Bottom