Very concerned for two ducks who have been visiting for years :(

reallysad

Hatching
Jul 5, 2019
Hi all,

I'm not sure where else I could ask this so I googled around and found this forum and really hope you may have some answers. We have a lady duck and a man duck (I think just regular mallards) who I assume are husband and wife. I love them like my pets and put food out for them. They've been coming here for 2-3+ years. About a month ago, I noticed they were both limping really bad. The lady duck seemed to recover pretty well in about a week or two. The man duck took a lot longer and never fully recovered but seemed to be on the up and up.

I have no idea what could have caused this as I dont know where they go when they leave my house (which they seem to visit almost every day and sometimes all day, though sometimes they wont come for a day or two). Anyway, the other day I saw the male duck and noticed he wasn't moving around so well, but I didn't really see him move and thought maybe what I saw was him just adjusting his position. Anyway, today the woman duck showed up and she's limping again! :( She doesnt even seem to be standing on her left leg.

Is there anything I can do? I dont want to approach them because they'll just fly away. I dont have a ton of money but I could probably put some together to help them out if theres any realistic option of doing so. I really appreciate any help! Please help my ducks! :(

Back
Top Bottom