Very concerning wing issue

Lynnc1971

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2022
Hello everyone, I am a new chicken mom and am quote concerned about this one Sterling Green egger chick I have. She is 3.5 weeks old and her wings are very droopy. Her feathers are really shaggy too. She gets stuck on her back and cannot roll back over without help. I hear her distress call and go running to her rescue. However if I am not home it scared me she will end up dying.She is quite smaller than the rest as well. I don't know how to fix her if I even can. She is definitely vulnerable. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Is she going to be okay ? Can she have a happy life with wings like these? I will try to post pics... Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20220321_193522.jpg
    20220321_193522.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220321_200818.jpg
    20220321_200818.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220321_193516.jpg
    20220321_193516.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220318_210327.jpg
    20220318_210327.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220318_205458.jpg
    20220318_205458.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 5
However if I am not home it scared me she will end up dying.S
She could be trampled indeed by other active chicks, it happens to easily. :hmm

What are you feeding including treats and supplement?

I would consider dosing her with poultry nutri drench or another high quality poultry vitamin.. like Rooster Booster brand "Poultry Booster" or "Poultry Cell".

I wonder if it's wry neck. You can try treating it by giving vitamin E. If it us wry neck, it'll improve quickly.

I'd do a quick search on BYC for wry neck and see if that seems similar. You can find vitamin E recommendations, too. I'd get links for you, but my internet is terrible, and I have to leave for work soon.
Thank you very much!

She could be trampled indeed by other active chicks, it happens to easily. :hmm

What are you feeding including treats and supplement?

I would consider dosing her with poultry nutri drench or another high quality poultry vitamin.. like Rooster Booster brand "Poultry Booster" or "Poultry Cell".
I will grab some from the feed store for sure, Thank you. They are getting chick starter, chick cake for a treat, probiotic and electrolytes, broccoli… I will try anything to help her..

I will grab some from the feed store for sure, Thank you. They are getting chick starter, chick cake for a treat, probiotic and electrolytes, broccoli… I will try anything to help her..
No supplement should be given more than 10 days in a row.

I would cut out the treats until this corrects, it MAY be part of your problem!

Is grit being provided?

Does she stand up and move around at all? Can you post a video of her falling over?

Yes, she can live a happy life and will grow into her wings! :fl

Note, I am NOT discounting the first posters thought and would consider it.

Hello everyone, I am a new chicken mom and am quote concerned about this one Sterling Green egger chick I have. She is 3.5 weeks old and her wings are very droopy. Her feathers are really shaggy too. She gets stuck on her back and cannot roll back over without help. I hear her distress call and go running to her rescue. However if I am not home it scared me she will end up dying.She is quite smaller than the rest as well. I don't know how to fix her if I even can. She is definitely vulnerable. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Is she going to be okay ? Can she have a happy life with wings like these? I will try to post pics... Thank you in advance.
Holy mother. Thats odd! Ive seen droopy wings from a number of different reasons. Never this? Its like reversed droopy wings

Back
Top Bottom