very important hatch...updates....I have a Welsummer!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tsagirl, May 8, 2008.

1. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    I have D'Ullce eggs, Wellsummer eggs, Blue Andalusian eggs and a assortment of other eggs. This is my 2nd to my last hatch, but I really want these eggs to hatch!!!
    These are important becuase these chicks will be added to my flock.
    So we are on Day 20 and all I have seen is 2 eggs from that whole batch wiggling.

I just had to hatches before become duds as well. I was so sad. [​IMG][​IMG] All the hatches before that I have had some awsome hatches and numbers and one was even 100%hatch! So all that said and done.........

I candled on day 18 before I put them in and they were doing great as usall. Temp has been 100 and humididty has beenn65-70% and I have not opened the incubator once!
    This is with my good ol Hova the one that usually hatches better then the LG which I used the last 2 times.

Please please everyone keep your fingers and toes crossed....I don't know what else to do except bite my nails.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  2. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Your almost there. Keep us posted on the hatch. Good vibes sent your way. Most of us have been there. The wait can be hard. Gena:fl

3. Tsagirl

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Gena!

Thank you!

It is so hard to sit and watch a batch of eggs day after day to hatch and then they dont. [​IMG]

I just want good luck with this one!

[​IMG] :eek:

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have chewed my nails for 2 days. Good luck to you.

5. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Good luck Theresa.I've got eggs hatching at home right now and I'm stuck at work. [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good luck, Theresa. I know what it's like to really NEED a hatch to work out well.

7. Tsagirl

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    You guys are so awsome though my nervousness and hoping they hatch!

But....I do have wiggly eggs this time around....so here is to hoping!!!!!!!

Please hatch....please hatch....please hatch!

DH says that the Wellsummers are "HIS" babies! LOL! He hopes they all hatch cause he wants those dark brown eggs to eat for breakfast! LOL!!

I will keep everyone updated and this time get in some pictures "if"( [​IMG] )
    they hatch. Which they will right? [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

oh yea and SC....I will probably be at work when one of them pips! They seem to always hatch at night those little buggers!

8. Chamelle

Chamelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    Springfield, OR
    Hi neighbor!

Just wanted to say I have fingers crossed for a good hatch.

I totally sympathize with the nerves... I've got duck eggs in my homemade bator, my very first hatch, and I've got welsummers, marans, and barnevelder eggs on the way, as well as a genesis 1588. It really is contagious!

Just out of curiosity, you said that these eggs are to add to your flock... have you been incubating for others, or selling chicks with your other hatches?

>>thinking hatchy thoughts in your direction<<

Cham

9. Tsagirl

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Hey Cham! Yea so close!

Yea well if they end up being roosters then yes I give them away, can't have that crowing. As if I have a lot of chicks I sell them. [​IMG] I have silkes I am selling that are 2wks from Jodys flock. Such beauties!

ok finger and toes and eyes crossed this hatch!

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. Tsagirl

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    OH MY GOSH EVERYONE! I actually have a pip on day 20-21 with 3 different kinds of eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Welsummer! One Mille! and....the only Blue Orphinton I have in the incubator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Keep those hatching vibes coming! They must be working! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by