Very Pale chicken

Ducky_

In the Brooder
Feb 18, 2024
I have a chicken (licorice) who has a very pale face, and has been very weak. Her comb is cold to the touch. We have given Apple cider vinegar in her water, garlic, calcium. I have eradicated mites and lice, so I am not sure what to do. We don't have a vet here either.
Any tips or help is appreciated!
20240322_083119.jpg

She looks very anemic. I would look her over for more mites, and the common roost mite only comes on them at night. Give her some beef liver for iron and B vitamins. A chicken vitamin such as Poultry Cell or NutriDrench can also be used 2 ml orally daily. Is she able to walk around or have any energy? Is she getting outside for some sun each day? Does she dust bathe?

I am not sure about her age, I think she might older hen. She has lost 150g in the past 5 days, and now weighs 1.236kg.
She has always been a bit slower, and she hasn't laid an egg since the end of 2023. She is a black Australian langashan. She is quiet thin and bony, and I have separated her from the others, and have provided some extra feed (such as porridge.) We have given her a hot water bottle, and she has been sun baking, but hasn't dust bathed. I have cleaned the coop, and they always have fresh water. Her comb and wattles is also cold to the touch. She has pecked at some bugs, but hasn't walked much.

Sadly, Licorice passed away. She suddenly became really weak. Thank you for your help everyone, I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom