Very poor first attempt

bakerjw

Songster
9 Years
Apr 14, 2010
Johnson City, Tn
For my first attempt I ended up with a Borg chick. Its name is Bob and he is designated 1 of 43. I was running a Top Hatch and had a devil of a time getting the temperature to stabilize. Humidity was relatively stable but the temp. That was a different story.

Late last week before I locked them down I candled all of the eggs and pulled any that had stopped development. I had 5 or 6 that had chick motion and was sure that they were going to hatch but something happened and they didn't make it. Then out of the questionable ones Bob pipped and finally zipped.

SO I have one lone chick that even had a mild case of spraddle leg. WE put a light band aid on him last night and he is much more stable now but obviously very lonely. TSC has a steady stream of chicks coming in but the ones in the current batch are a little larger and he might get bullied around. And we want to wait and make sure that he will even make it.

So one sad chick and one sad chicken lover.

give him a few days to grow then get him a day old chick or 2 or 10 to grow up with...that way he'll have a bit of growth ahead of the others and be the same size
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom