very sad news...

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by shadust1, Jan 28, 2012.

1. shadust1

shadust1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    loretto, pa
    so we were down to 3 chickens because of a daylight attack from some foxes....well just yesterday something grabbed two more of them....not sure what it was....so now im down to 1 banty chicken...i feel really bad for her...gonna look in the local papers to see if anyone is giving any away..she is gonna need a companion....so a shout out to anyone living close to me....i live in loretto, pa....im even willing to pay for 1 chicken!!! you can even call me....814-934-8071 thanks everyone!!!

2. TinaK

TinaK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Australia
    Oh such horrible news. Did the foxes get them whilst they were out free ranging? Or has your coop/run been compromised?

Hope you find a pal for your poor lonely banty!

3. maitia17960

maitia17960 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2009
    Schuylkill County, Pa
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I know how it feels. I was lucky today and saved one of my Seramas Roo from a hawk. To bad I live so far away from you. I could of gave you some for free, but I live over 3 hours away from you. I live near Cabela's.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  4. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i hope you've brought that last little chicken inside or she is in a safe place. Some people free range and feel it is worth it to give their chickens a better life. My strategy is to keep mine safely penned and allow free ranging only under my supervision. But that's just me. Hope you can find a friend and create a safe space for your chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by