Very soft shelles egg.

Pics
No I'm pretty much just keeping her in her normal routine and throwing in a warm bath here and there

Depending on how your setup looks like, you may try to reduce the amount of light she getting each day to hasten the laying. If that means putting her inside the coop an hour earlier and letting her out an hour late, it may be worth it until the egg-laying problem resolves.

If you have a local pet store, they have a calcium powder with D3 in it. It’s for reptiles, but I’m sure it would be fine for a duck. Probably would be easier to mix that in her food than getting her to eat a tablet. This is what it looks Like:
255141BC-01D4-43AA-B79E-1F3A9547A223.jpeg

Last night when I put them up in the coop at 6 she still seemed to be struggling to get something out, though she was struggling a lot less than before, and I went out to check on her at 8 and it seemed like she was no longer struggling. I don't think she pushed anything out I didn't find any egg in the coop this morning from her soft shell or otherwise. As of now she seems fine and doesn't seem to be struggling at all so I'm gonna go get some of that calcium with D3 and start her on that. I'll update if at any point today she seems to start struggling again.

I got the Calcium Citrate + D3 and the pills are pretty big, I at first tried cutting them half and sticking them in blueberries but Pigeon did not fall for it she just took the blueberries into her mouth and spit out the pills after. I was able to put it into her throat fairly easily though. The one that I got says it has 200mg of calcium per pill, is that a good dose for her? She is slightly over 5 lbs.

I got the Calcium Citrate + D3 and the pills are pretty big, I at first tried cutting them half and sticking them in blueberries but Pigeon did not fall for it she just took the blueberries into her mouth and spit out the pills after. I was able to put it into her throat fairly easily though. The one that I got says it has 200mg of calcium per pill, is that a good dose for her? She is slightly over 5 lbs.

I would try to get two in her if the mg content is only 200mg, if that's too hard, it'll likely be fine.

I would try to get two in her if the mg content is only 200mg, if that's too hard, it'll likely be fine.
Oh alright thank you, it says the serving size is 2 pills on the bottle, I just figured the duck dose would be less than the human dose. I'll give her another right away.

Back
Top Bottom