Very unusual chick, Guinea / chicken hybrid!!

Quote: It is indeed very, very unlikely. But I have seen two different chicken X turkey hybrids; (you can probably find one on Feathersite) so obviously it is possible, with or without AI.

Quote: I've never heard of anyone trying to cross a Sebright with a turkey before, but one proven hybrid did come from a male turkey and a bantam chicken hen. Obviously he didn't stand on her, he stood with his feet either side of her.

this is AWSOME im soo happy for you that you had the opportunity to breed the 2!!! I have only heard about a chicken and guinea breeding!! but I only knew of it happening with easter eggers!!! I have a guinea and im hopeing for something like that!!!!! you are sooo lucky!!!

plus 2 cherrys?

and a dollop of whipped cream?!!!

I am subscribing because after reading this whole thread I am totally fascinated!! I have a older guinea hen who was raised with chickens. We just rescued the lot last May and she has never seen her own kind. I have seen her mounted a few times by our roo, El Diablo, but have not done any sort of incubating/hatching. We are still new to this and having rescued 16 birds, we are still focused on proper care of our babies lol yup we are hooked. I am hoping to find another guinea hen in the spring so she has a companion other than chickens. She wonders around alone at times looking for friends of own kind. Its sad. poor girl

Well I've been so busy in the last few weeks with the festive season and all but things have finally settled down. Breeding season has come to a hault for my ducks and my peacocks have dropped their trains awaiting the next breeding season! Guineas are still laying like mad and I have 45 new keets to keep me busy
th.gif
I set a heap more eggs but no more hybrids
idunno.gif
So it makes these 2 extra special. The guinea hen hasn't been mating with guinea males as all her eggs have been clear. The hybrids continue to grow and are looking very unique indeed here are some pics taken a while back I must get some new pics of them to show you how big they are now.

and a dollop of whipped cream?!!!

I am subscribing because after reading this whole thread I am totally fascinated!! I have a older guinea hen who was raised with chickens. We just rescued the lot last May and she has never seen her own kind. I have seen her mounted a few times by our roo, El Diablo, but have not done any sort of incubating/hatching. We are still new to this and having rescued 16 birds, we are still focused on proper care of our babies lol yup we are hooked. I am hoping to find another guinea hen in the spring so she has a companion other than chickens. She wonders around alone at times looking for friends of own kind. Its sad. poor girl

She is gorgeous!! Chances are very good you'll get some hybrids too!

Back
Top Bottom