Very very bad night

It's hard to tell in those photos, but are those ordinary staples from this sort of staple gun?

1653396113527.jpeg

They simply aren't large enough to be secure. There just isn't enough staple in the wood to hold. :(

Fence staples either pounded in with a hammer or, easier to do, shot from a pneumatic fence stapler, are much more secure:

1653396329109.jpeg

0722211158a.jpg

0722211146.jpg

It's hard to tell in those photos, but are those ordinary staples from this sort of staple gun?

View attachment 3121488

They simply aren't large enough to be secure. There just isn't enough staple in the wood to hold. :(

Fence staples either pounded in with a hammer or, easier to do, shot from a pneumatic fence stapler, are much more secure:

View attachment 3121489
View attachment 3121499
View attachment 3121492
I was not even aware those came for a pneumatic nailer. Definitely something to look out for (if you have a compressor)! Nailing more than a handful in with a hammer is torturous!

View attachment 3119853I’m not sure how this happened. I have an automatic door so it’s possible the raccoon got trapped inside when the door closed and this was his way out. Or if he came in this way somehow. I’ll save you all from seeing the interior photos. But it was very bad. The stuff just under the opening is feathers. There are feathers everywhere.
OMG, so sorry!

You still need an air compressor to run them ;)

Screws and washers are the way to go, IMO.
Plus making sure the pieces of HC are flat and taut with no gaps around the edges especially.

Screws and washers are definitely easier if you aren't the sort to be collecting a lot of tools. I did my brooder by myself that way. It's a good deal more time consuming though.

DeWalt's 20V impact driver helps. ;)

Back
Top Bottom