Very weak pullet, not eating, lethargic. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by christina1982, Nov 2, 2011.

1. christina1982

christina1982 Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    My 5 month Black Star is sick. I separated her from the rest of the flock (which are completely healthy).

Symptoms are:

Not eating.

Very lethargic. Where she would run from me before she is now just standing/sitting there.

Her poo is hunter green with the white all runny.

Loosing weight.

I heard that they can get cancer etc., could this be it? Is there anything I can do?

No mites by the way.

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, it's so hard to tell. Is she laying yet? Could she need a good worming? Worms can make them listless like that and also make them lose weight......

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I suspect she is eggbound. Soak her in a container of warm water up to her sides and gently massage her underside for about 20 minutes while in the water. Then put on a disposable glove and put olive oil on it and insert your finger into her vent feeling for obstructions. Remove your finger and put olive oil on her vent area. The warm water soak will expand her innards, massaging helps move the egg along. Finger in the vent stretches it and the olive oil helps her lay the egg easier.

4. christina1982

christina1982 Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    Quote:I actually dewormed her already and she is not laying yet. I also noticed that her wattles are not really developing...so I don't what to do [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by