Vicks on chooks

melbchooks

Hatching
Dec 20, 2015
has anyone had any luck with applying Vicks onto the chickens that are being picked on? I have this issue at present and have applied the Ickes, hoping it works! Would be nice to hear some success stories. Love my little ladies
1f413.png

I'm honestly not sure about Vicks. If possible, you may wish to consider isolating the aggressors for a week or so. Removing a hen from the flock reduces their rank once returned to the flock and can help reduce further aggression.

Cheers

Ct

I don't think Vicks would be of any use. I'm under the impression that chickens have no sense of smell., so I doubt that would repel them. You may consider getting pinless peepers for the pickers in your group. It prevents them from seeing straight ahead so throws off their aim. I would think it would also annoy them enough to forget about bothering the other hens.

Put pinless peepers in the search box, for information & use.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I too am not sure on the Vicks, I personally would not use it on my own birds. I did have a feather pecking issue with one of my frizzles. His fancy feathers were attracting unwanted attention. I isolated the main aggressor and used a poultry no peck spray on him. Regular use of the no peck and his feathers eventually came back.

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Back
Top Bottom