Victor and Ming Mei are paying their rent!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by nettie, Dec 9, 2009.

1. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Both of my ducks (despite victor's confusing name, he lays eggs... he just doesn't know he's a she... he thinks he's just a special boy duck who lays eggs. we don't want to hurt his feelings and tell him he's a girl. lol) are laying now.

I could never eat the eggs (I have dietary issues) and no one i knew wanted the eggs. Occasionally some people would try some here and there, but i always ended up throwing out dozens of eggs.

Then my best friend Amber came for a visit and took the eggs. She's a chef at a small fancy restaurant in downtown chicago. I guess her and her co-chefs messed around with some recipes and are interested in more duck eggs! They are making a poached duck egg for some 5 course meal they do, and Amber (the pastry chef) is making a custard out of some. We just gave her another dozen last night, so she's excited. I got a little thank you card from everyone at the restaurant as well. The restaurant is small and upcoming, so i know everyone appreciates the neato green duck eggs we give them. I don't charge amber for the eggs, but rather let her take them because she's my best friend, and as a way to ensure her job security. In the chef world, it's hard to maintain a position for very long, but if her restaurant ever needs to make cuts or layoffs, they'll think "Oh we can't let amber go, she gets those ducks eggs for us!" lol.

So i am glad that Victor and Ming Mei are both laying again and paying their keep! lol.

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Hee hee hee

Good job Victor and Ming Mei!!

3. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    [​IMG] Thats good to here...My Cocoa is still not paying up yet...hoping we get some eggs soon (even though winter is here) [​IMG]

4. GrannySue

GrannySue Chillin' With My Peeps

My girls supply a restaurant in town as well! I'm only getting 2-3 eggs from 6 ducks but that's plenty. Chef uses them interchangeably with chicken eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by