Group in the pool 2
53087_big_pool_4.jpg

This is what they had before:
53087_waterduck5.jpg

But they made due with what they had lol
53087_waterduck1.jpg

Does he look like hes smiling to you?
big_smile.png

It looks like the corner with the pool is a bit higher than the surrounding ground. You could use an extra bit of hose to siphon the dirty water out & away. Just stick one end of a hose into the pool and run the other end somewhere lower, preferably where you want the water to benefit some plants. Then with another hose hooked to a faucet you start the siphon by running water into the end of the hose that's in the pool, do it for 10-30 seconds until you feel the suction going on its own. As long as the other end of that hose is lower than the bottom of the pool the siphon will work.

You could also make a drain for the pool. Cut a small hole on the side near the bottom & put a bulkhead fitting into it. This is the fitting: http://www.plumbingsupply.com/bulkhead.html I put one in my duck's pool and added a faucet & hose fitting so I could direct the water through a hose & to the garden. This will only work if the pool is on higher ground than the end of the hose.

Those ducks will turn their pool into a mud pit awfully fast, you're going to have to rinse it out every day or two. Even then it won't stay looking like new for very long, you'll have to put up with a certain amount of mess.

Back
Top Bottom