Video of Mom out with chick

Quote:
There is a little bit of editing there where *I* was having the heart attack trying to ward them off/block them, but then the hen herself seemed pretty calm about it all & I figured if she was real uncomfortable she wouldn't have brought them down into the thick of the chickens. 1 of the others took a little swipe but then as I started to back away & walk away a bit the larger chickens all disbanded like there were better eats elsewhere & they were all gone. It was the weirdest thing! I thought for sure I was going to have an issue. LOL But seriousl if she is really trying to protect or they are afraid she sits on them. I'd put a picture of her sitting on 2 of them under the "put your brooder pics here". I think me following them around with the camera made them nervous or maybe they were a bit cold I dunno but she'd set down with them.

Too cute - great video! How old is the Mama Buff? What kind is the black one behind her most of the video? Looks like a roo but not sure what breed??
clap.gif

b.hromada :

What a beautiful little family. I love how she breaks up the bread for her little brood. How sweet it that.
love.gif
love.gif
All you chickens are gorgeous, by the way.

Thank you the poor girls I'm seriously thinking of getting those saddles. My rooster Mr. Standoffish is in reality a darling & girl driven but he's been a bit rough on their backs. Aside from that (knock on wood) everyone seems healthy & happy.​

Quote:
The mama Buff is 10 months & the Black chicken is Miss Chicky a Black Austrolorp & she is 12 months old. I don't mind saying I wasn't sure if Miss Chicky had a look of love as in "I think I want some chicks too" or if she was looking in love as "I want to eat one of those." LOL But they were all fairly well behaved even Mr. Standoffish the Roo. I actually have another buff girl that's broody on a nest too & that one is 10 months old as well. Who ever said broodiness is being bread out forgot to tell my Orpingtons.
smile.png
Now I just want to shut them off for just a while... LOL

Back
Top Bottom